Who we are?
We are a group of experienced service-learning educators, curriculum developers and consultants who believe that integrating service learning through conceptual inquiry in schools around the world, young people will develop the skills necessary to be agents of change in the global community.
Our AIM is to educate, collaborate with and support the integration of service learning in schools and communities around the world for effective and measured impacts.
Why Service Learning?
- Provides opportunities for young people to develop the transdisciplinary skills and dispositions necessary for facing the future
- Facilitates a deeper awareness and understanding of global issues and concepts
- Promotes student-initiated action rooted in inquiry and knowledge
- Fosters empathy, intercultural understanding, and intrinsic motivation to make a difference
What do we offer?
- Tailored consultation strategy to meet the needs of your organization
- Curriculum for learning service- Backwards designed conceptual inquiry units, assessments, resources, lesson plans
- Training on research-based best practices in service learning for leaders, coordinators, teachers, parents, students, and partners
- Creative Commons resources developed by passionate and experienced leaders and educators, designed to support program and curriculum development.
In our K-12 curriculum for learning service, all of our units connect through conceptual inquiry.
WHY Conceptual Inquiry?
Conceptual inquiry allows for students to connect concepts, facts, and knowledge to make meaning. In connecting concepts to learning service students are able to experience transfer. How do Concepts relate? What is the relationship of concepts within enduring understandings relating to Service Learning?
Coaching for your school or organization is customised to suit where your currently at, and where you what to be. Coaching from any of our consultants will begin online to find out your needs and the time frame. We offer a wide range of packages for both onsite and offsite training around the world.