We are a group of experienced service-learning educators, curriculum developers and consultants who believe that integrating service learning through conceptual inquiry in schools around the world, young people will develop the skills necessary to be agents of change in the global community.
Is to educate, collaborate with and support the integration of service learning in schools and communities around the world for effective and measured impacts.
Why Service Learning?
- Provides opportunities for young people to develop the transdisciplinary skills and dispositions necessary for facing the future
- Facilitates a deeper awareness and understanding of global issues and concepts
- Promotes student-initiated action rooted in inquiry and knowledge
- Fosters empathy, intercultural understanding, and intrinsic motivation to make a difference
What do we offer?
- Tailored consultation strategy to meet the needs of your organization
- Curriculum for Service-Learning, Backwards designed conceptual inquiry units, assessments, resources, lesson plans
- Training on research-based best practices in service learning for leaders, coordinators, teachers, parents, students, and partners
- Creative Common resources developed by passionate and teachers, designed to support program and curriculum development.
Tara is very knowledgeable about how to get an amazing program in schools and has been great to share all her resources to support us. She understands all the various aspects of the program for sustainability and has an easy going style that works for teacher educators. She offered us a lot of support, guidance, and shared her passion for what she loves doing- which is an assetAISA Service Learning 101 Workshop Participant
Today was a great introduction to service learning - I have lots of ideas that I can go away and start to think about how I can implement ideas and seek out the needs of the community.Irene TowstyIntro to service learning workshop
The conference was amazing and concentrated on various Visible Thinking Routines, including painted reflections, one of my favourites!
As a professional, Tara is a world leader in Service Learning, and has theDeidre FischerCEO and Founder of DF Education Pty Ltd
experience to back up her consulting work to support schools and individuals in changing how Service Learning can be integrated within school curriculums, and inspiring teachers, leaders and students alike.
Tara was awesome and inspiring! She helped me really understand service learning and how I can get started when I get back to my school!!AISA Service Learning 101 Workshop Participant
In our K-12 curriculum for service learning, all of our units connect through conceptual inquiry.
WHY Conceptual Inquiry?
Conceptual inquiry allows for students to connect concepts, facts, and knowledge to make meaning. In connecting concepts to service learning, students are able to experience transfer. How do concepts relate? What is the relationship of concepts within enduring understandings relating to service learning?
Coaching for your school or organization is customised to suit where your currently at, and where you what to be. Coaching from any of our consultants will begin online to find out your needs and the time frame. We offer a wide range of packages for both onsite and offsite training around the world.